Monday, July 14, 2008

Bizzare Foods Entertain Me.


"Bizzare Foods with Adam Zimmern" is an incredibly informative, culturally enlightening show on The Travel Channel. I stumbled across it last night while I was looking for something on TV that I could actually LEARN from. It was a breath of fresh air from the usual Vh1 and MTV nonsense, or the sugar coated media on the other end of the spectrum.

I was overjoyed to see a show on TV that showed such raw culture through something as simple (or in some cases VERY elaborate) as food. I especially loved to see Adam experience the traditionally rich customs and cuisine of India-the people's love of milk, and rich, tangy spices used in everyday snacks and meals, sold on the street.

Needless to say, I would kill for this job, regardless of the oddities Adam frequently faces. There's not a lot of food that turns my stomach, so I think I would do just fine. The opportunity to eat, travel, and meet new people is an incredible one that anyone would be lucky to have. I highly recommend watching this show!

Starting at 8:00 p.m. ET, Bizzare Foods with Adam Zimmern!

1 comment:

[[hayley-shmaley]] said...

it's a good show "regardless of the oddities Adam frequently faces"?

more like, it's a good show BECAUSE of the odd faces Adam frequently makes.